Ok, so I’ve been bad at keeping up with my Google Reader for the last week…I realized yesterday when I was playing catch up with all my blogging buddies that I was tagged not once but twice in a post that’s been going around. You can see their posts here at From Scratch and here at Notes From the Bench. Thanks girls!
So now I have to tell you all 7 unknown facts about myself (my life isn’t all that interesting so this may take me a while…)
1) The first time I tried a slip and slide was at camp but instead of slipping and then sliding, it was more of a run, stop when I get to the edge, jump in the air and land flat on my stomach. Needless to say, I knocked the wind out of myself.
2) One of my dreams was to become a Rockette but I’m too short (nevermind the 5 years of jazz background you need – you could maybe fake dance but you can’t fake tall).
3) I tried to pierce my own belly button when I was in high school… if I remember correctly, I used a safety-pin that almost got stuck halfway through. Once I managed to get it all the way, I replaced it with a hoop earring but it hurt like hell and I took it out the next day.
5) I have a favorite freckle – it’s on my little piggy that had roast beef.
6) When I was 15, I got my pocket full of quarters ready, put on my best jeans and flannel shirt, did my hair and makeup all nice, and walked (cause I wasn’t old enough to drive yet) all the way to Dear Franks in town to buy cigarettes out of their vending machine. The second I started feeding my quarters into the machine, the guy behind the food counter carded me and I had to play dumb. Seriously, did I really think a plaid shirt and a little makeup would make my gawky 85 lb butt look like I was 18? Stoopid.
7) The shortest job I ever held was at Hallmark. I started my first shift, left on my lunch break after 3 hours, and never went back. What can I say, the girls there were bitchy and made me feel awkward!
Ok, now it’s time for me to pass the torch…tag you’re it!…
- Tiffany @ Makes Me Blush
- Kate @ Marsh Mellow Goodness
- Katie @ Ruffles and Truffles (I know you were tagged in the questions one but this is different!)
- Amy @ Second City Randomness
- Kari @ The Moody Chick