So easy it’s ridiculous.
1. Get a bunch of $0.99 frames from Michaels. These are the same square ones I used for my colorful butterfly frames. I’m loving these frames lately.
2. Paint them. I used CraftSmart acrylic paint in Vanilla from Michaels and a 2 oz bottle was plenty for 2 coats on 9 frames.
3. Cut a piece of paper the same size as the cardboard insert that came in the frame. I used good old-fashioned white copy paper. Poke a hole in the middle of the cut out. Doesn’t have to be perfect, I just eyeballed it and poked the tip of a pen through.
4. Grab a fake flower, push the plastic end on the back of it through the hole in the paper, and poke a paper clip through to secure. You could also glue it but I was too lazy to go digging for my glue gun.
5. Figure out how you want to hang your frames since they don’t come with hardware. I ended up putting a staple in the back with a staple gun, then prying it out a little with pliers so I had a lip to hang it from a nail.
6. Stuff your frames with the flower paper, then put the cardboard cutout that came with the frame on the very back for extra support.
8. Figure out a layout.
7. Hang ’em proud!
3 stems of flowers ($2.99 each): $9
2 oz bottle of paint: $0.41
Total project: $18.41 + tax
For other tutorials, visit my diy page.